What We Do:
To champion innovative programs and partnerships to foster optimal health and well-being for our community
Waukesha County Public Health champions innovative progrmas and partnerships to foster optimal health and well-being for our community.
We are committed to preventing disease and promoting health for all citizens in Waukesha County. Waukesha County Public Health offers a wide range of public health services focused on the control and containment of human public health hazards. The core functions of public health are to assess and monitor the health status of the entire county, develop public health policy, and assure access to quality health care.
- Monitoring health status for community health problems
- Investigating and controlling health problems and environmental hazards
- Educating the public
- Promoting community partnerships
- Creating policies and plans that support health
- Linking people with needed health services
- Promoting a sufficient workforce
- Evaluating health services
- Conducting research
- Promoting access to health care
- Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Promoting social and economic conditions that support good health